UK Parliament Petitions Monitor
- Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019.
- STOP BREXIT
- Stop possible second referendum on E.U. membership
- Grant a People's Vote if Parliament rejects the EU Withdrawal Agreement
- The UK should not agree the UN's Global Compact for Migration
- Rescind Art.50 if Vote Leave has broken Electoral Laws regarding 2016 referendum
- Repeal the EU Copyright Directive, when the UK leaves the EU.
- Repeal the EU Withdrawal Act to Prevent Accidental No-deal Brexit
- Urgent law to extend voting rights to British abroad by repealing 15-year rule.
- Brexit re article 50 it must not be suspended/stopped under any circumstances
- Protect our Freedom of Movement Rights
- Give voting rights to EU citizens in the UK and Brits abroad in a People's Vote
- Stop Brexit if parliament rejects the deal
- Have a second EU referendum and allow 15 to 17 year olds to vote as well
- Hold a second referendum on EU membership.
- Stop squandering taxpayers' money on a 'No Deal Brexit': rule it out
- Stop Brexit if supplies of vital medication can't be guaranteed.
- Do not put a UK hard border on the island of Ireland.
- Revoke Art.50 if there is no Brexit plan by the 25 of February
- Undertake an independent enquiry into the role of Russia in Brexit.
- Automatic by-election if an MP resigns membership of their political party
- Halt Brexit For A Public Inquiry
- The Prime Minister should advise Her Majesty the Queen to prorogue Parliament.
- Revoke Article 50 and remain in the EU.
- Hold a referendum on Proportional Representation for parliamentary elections
- Change Settlement Status from Application to Registration.
- Parliament should stop a 'no-deal' Brexit
- Parliament must honour the Referendum result. Leave deal or no deal 29/03/19
- Grant legal protection to Swallow, Swift and Martin nest sites not just nests.
- Mandate schools to consult parents before teaching Relationships & Sex Education
- Without a Deal make "Revoke Article 50" the default action.
- Send English Channel migrants back to where they first arrived in the EU
- To establish a Public Inquiry into the conduct of the 2016 EU Referendum.
- Ban Driven Grouse Shooting Wilful blindness is no longer an option
Total Signatures (Hold a referendum on Proportional Representation for parliamentary elections)
Signatures per Hour (Hold a referendum on Proportional Representation for parliamentary elections)
|Action||Hold a referendum on Proportional Representation for parliamentary elections|
|Total Signatures||3,348 (3,240 for UK constituencies; 97%)|
Under our present electoral system the distribution of seats among the political parties bears no close relation to the total votes cast for those parties. In 2017, the average number of votes cast nationally for each party varied between just under 28,000 and over 525,000 votes per seat won.
This is unfair and unsustainable: since 2005 two general elections have produced no overall majority, and two have produced majorities which each resulted from just over one third of the votes cast. 20 years ago the Jenkins Commission recommended a proportional system to replace First Past the Post. A 2011 referendum offered instead the AV system which Jenkins had rejected as it is not proportional. We therefore call upon Parliament to hold a referendum on the Jenkins Commission recommendation.
|Petition Home Page||https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/230356|
|Source JSON Feed||https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/230356.json|
|Sample Count||205 since 2019-03-26|